Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Looking Back on 2019

Well, that was a year. While I didn't do much blogging in 2019, I was actually quite productive from a hobbying and gaming perspective. Hobbywise, I participated in the second Old World Army Challenge (completing a Night Goblin army), managing to paint a 1200 point army in six months. After that, I lost some momentum due to health issues and didn't get much painting done until October/November (some artillery and trolls for the goblins). In total, I managed to paint 94 minis. That's a definite improvement over my output in previous years.

It turned out that gaming was a big part of 2019 for me. I was able to attend all three of the East Coast HMGS conventions: Cold Wars, Historicon, and Fall In! The goblins saw plenty of action, mostly against Blue in VT's Dwarf army, but also making common cause with the Lead Collector's Orcs against He of Three Names' Dark Elves.

Stone Trolls drown the Dwarf general in vomit at Cold Wars 2019.

A giant and goblins advance under the harsh lighting of Historicon 2019.

Warrior Troll giving some pesky Troll Slayers what for at Fall In! 2019.

 What's on the agenda for 2020?

  • OWAC3, this time with Orcs!
  • Oldhammer Siege at Cold Wars 2020 (need to paint some siege equipment for this).
  • Paint up some opposition for my goblinoids, in the form of some old school adventurer types and miscellaneous Empire minis.
  • Try and get a Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay campaign going to scratch the Old World itch.
 
I couldn't resist, plus it was tax-free.

On with 2020!

6 comments:

  1. Nice work - looking forward to seeing what you do with that orc army

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait for cold wars. let me know what kind of siege equipment we need - i have a few things i should be able to paint up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our first blogs of 2020 are. Virtually identical lol COLD WARS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a pleasure to be crushed by your Goblin Fanatics on both occasions that we met this year...lol I'm really looking forward to further gaming adventures in 2020.

    ReplyDelete